Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Only A Year and a Half in the Making

Welcome everyone. Finally, I've got this site up. Seems like it took me forever . I've been sitting on the domain for over a year. This site had the gestation period almost as long as an elephant. So much for sense of urgency.

Internal debates on using blogger or wordpress or something else. Wanting to get every pixel right. I guess I have a perfectionist streak. Blah, blah, blah. Lame excuses. I'll be more focused from now on. That said, I suspect my new found energy for this site is in reality a lamer distraction from the Bike Sharing business plan I should be writing or perhaps, more precisely ,unwriting, as it is approaching a portly 80 pages.

Unfortunately, a lack of urgency seems to be a popular disease. Procrastination loves company, I guess. If we used a fraction of the creativity we use to think of excuses why things can't be done to instead create solutions, we would be well on our way to solving the big problems we have.

Climate change, for instance. The "We don't do anything until China and India agree to reduce emissions." talking point is especially annoying. It is just an excuse to delay or avoid action. Leadership is required now. Sure, everyone must reduce emissions but expecting people that are using a fraction of the fossil fuels we are using to agree to limit their emissions before we show any commitment to reduce ours is ridiculous.

Instead of "Drill Now", how about "Stop Driving Now" for a campaign slogan. Now that would show real guts for a politician.

Reduce gas prices, energy independence, few greenhouse gas emissions, less congestion, fewer deaths. Sounds like a winning solution now.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home